Well before we get to the 5 principles of Reiki let’s find out what Reiki is…? Reiki is a spiritual practice developed from 1865-1926 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui and since has been modified by numerous teachers from many different traditions and religious. Reiki is a form of oriental medicine, a technique also called palm healing or hands on healing; it is a form of alternative medicine. It is believed that this practice allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
What are “The 5 Reiki Principles?”
- Just for today, I will not be angry:
- Anger creates blocks in one’s energy, anger towards the world, anger towards oneself; anger in general is the most complicated inner enemy. Reiki is an excellent way to remove this anger and with letting go of anger you are able to bring peace into the mind.
- Just for today, I will not worry:
- Worries fill our heads and souls, letting go of all worries will bring healing powers to your body and soul.
- Just for today, I will be grateful for all my blessings:
- Gratefulness from the heart, true thanks and forgiving can improve others life and make them happy just as being thankful brings joy into your spirit.
- Just for today, I will do my work with honesty and integrity:
- Support yourself and your family respectably without harming others.
- Just for today, I will be kind to every living beings:
- Honor your parents, teachers, elders; being kind brings love into the world.
Sometimes all we need is to start and end each day with a few simple phrases that can encourage us to set a positive tone for our days ahead. Positive meaningful words that when read can adjust our thinking or change our focus if needed. The 5 Reiki Principles are just 5 simple refreshing sentences that when read or written down or even meditated on can help lift stress, dissolve anger, worry or negative thinking, they can bring us closer to a more connected and inspiring way of life.
Well, there you have it, now you know what Reiki is, who developed it and why they did and how to do it with the 5 simple principles. This is something you can do every day on your own, you don’t need help to begin, you don’t need classes, and this is something everyone can do on their own every day. If you are interested in how this practice has changed the lives of others out there try joining on of our psychic chat rooms today!