Have you tried meeting people the “old fashioned way”? Have you recently ended a long term relationship and just don’t know where to start to meet someone new in this day and age? Do you really want to fall in love and don’t know where to begin? Maybe bars are not your scene, maybe you can’t sit quiet enough in the library or book shops, what about the grocery store?? Maybe it gives off the vibe of stalking someone who is just trying to just buy milk… Well, why not online dating!?!
Online dating has worked for millions of people in the U.S., statistics say that 1/3rd of the marriages in the U.S. began with online dating. As of now 40 million people in the U.S. use online dating services and of those millions 10% of them find someone within 3 months of opening an account. It typically takes 3 ½ years of dating till a couple gets married when meeting offline and that is cut to an average of 1 ½ years of dating till marriage when a couple meets online.
Now… Are “You” ready for online dating??? I have 3 suggested rules for you to ask yourself before you begin the online dating process.
- Online dating is not for the desperate!
- I know you may believe it is only for old desperate people but you are wrong, online dating is for those who want a companion in their lives and it is best to sign up for at least 3 months.
- Upload multiple pictures and write a true profile!
- We all feel insecure at times but if you have only one photo or all photos are the exact same then how will he or she get to really see you, and let’s face it you want to see true photos as well so don’t cheat yourself or anyone else out. And as for the profile, be yourself not the person you wish you were or the person you last split from wanted you to be. If you are yourself in writing and post true pics you are more likely to find the right person.
- Know when the right time to meet is.
- This may be hard you are hitting it off great with someone online but how will it work in person? When is the right time to meet? Where do you meet? What if it is totally odd?? Well the rule is once you really like someone online you email back and forth this is called “e-courting” and once you have sent 3 emails back and forth and the feelings are mutual it is officially time to meet!!
Well, there you have it, the 3 basic rules to Online Dating if you think these rules are good for you then I think you are ready to hit the online dating sites! And if you want a little extra boost why not try contacting a love psychic today, they may be able to show you which way to turn when it comes to finding love. So go ahead there’s still 8 weeks left till the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve!!!