First off, what is Henna?? Henna is a paste made out of crushed leaves and twigs of the henna plant; it can also be made with dried leaves from the henna plant mixed with hot water. When this paste is applied (like writing with a marker) and left for a few hours it leaves an orange to dark maroon stain in the skin which fades away in 4-15 days.
Henna used to be drawn on bodies as decoration for special occasions like weddings, festivals and ceremonies but in the late 1990’s it became more popular and now people draw henna on their bodies for fun. Henna is a body decoration, some people call it a form of tattoo but it is not legally a form of tattoo, tattoos do not wash off.
- Henna does not come in black or other colors
- Henna is one of the safest things you can apply to your skin (or hair)
- Henna is not a ‘fake tattoo’ henna is real henna, it is an art form of its own
- Henna does not wash off, it is a stain that will eventually fade away as your skin cells die and are replaced with new ones
- Henna is not marijuana, Henna comes from the Henna Plant not the Hemp Plant
How to Apply Henna:
- You write on your skin with the henna similar to writing with a marker
- Henna can take as little as 5 minutes and as long as 2 hours to apply depending on the intricacy of the designs
- Henna typically takes 10 minutes to dry once finished
- Once dry it is sprayed with a mixture of lemon and sugar juice for good color then takes an additional 5 minutes to dry
- While waiting for it to dry be cautious of your movements to not smear the designs
- For best color allow to stay on as long as possible, once dry it will flake off and it will not stain cloths
Tips & Warnings:
- Henna is best done at night to give the best color once you wake
- If someone tell you they are applying black or colored henna it is done by using a chemical additive that could be harmful to your skin
If you wanted to know more about Henna or have other questions from people who have done it or had it done try speaking to someone in our psychic chat rooms and get the info you want!